Thursday, August 27, 2009

32 weeks and 3 days... PUPPPS, Cardiologists and Perinatologists

We made it yet another week and just when I think it can't get any harder it does. Luckily I am in the home stretch and 3 weeks from right now, these babies will be here. As I type this, the babies are kicking like crazy. All three of them! I have been especially uncomfortable tonight and my feet and ankles are more swollen than normal. It has been another rough week as I have added a couple of new ailments to my complaint list.

Let's start with my weekly visit to my perinatologist that I had on Wednesday. The babies all looked great and fluid levels were fine. They won't measure their weight for another 2 weeks. My cervix measured in at 3.1cm which was down from 4.5 from last week. The doctor wasn't concerned with this at all. At this point it is only going to get shorter. During that visit, I also shared with him my two new issues. At the end of last week, I started having dizzy spells and feeling as though I was going to pass out. When I would feel like this I would take my blood pressure and it would be a little elevated from my normal BP but what concerned me the most is my heart rate was in the mid 130's! I made sure to let my peri know about this when I was there and they set me up with a cardiologist. I thought it was really silly personally but for peace of mind, they suggested that I see one. I saw the cardiologist today where they did an EKG which turned up for the most part normal. I am currently wearing a holter monitor which will monitor my heart for the next 24 hours. It is annoying with all of these cords but luckily I won't have to wear it for long. They also want me to have an echocardiogram (ultrasound of my heart) which I am having on Tuesday. My second new ailment I developed this past weekend. It is a nasty rash over my stretch marks (this isn't your typical itchy stretch mark deal either). The itching is nothing I have felt before. I really want to scratch my skin off it itches so bad. Turns out it is PUPPPs or Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. It is a rash that occurs in pregnancy and it won't go away until I deliver unfortunately. I have been bathing in Aveeno baths and taking Zyrtec. That helps only a little. It has really been miserable because I itch pretty much non-stop. Let me just say that it is going to be a long 3 weeks!! :)

7 Responses to “32 weeks and 3 days... PUPPPS, Cardiologists and Perinatologists”

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I found your blog thru the multiples and more website. We have twins- born March 13 this year :-) Anyhow, I also had PUPPP and researched it when I was preggie. I tried everything natural (too afraid to take drugs)- oatmeal baths, A&D ointment, etc- nothing worked for me until (and I know it sounds weird) but the ONLY thing I found worked was:

Grandpa's Pine Tar soap (found it at Whole Foods, or try on-line or another health food store)

Lather up and leave on for a few minutes in a cold shower, then rinse off. I was told to do it 3-5 times a day, but I only did it twice a few times and then once a day. It worked immediately to reduce the itchiness, although it was probably a week or two until the spots completely went away (might have gone faster if I did it more frequently). I used it with:
Nature's Gate Colloidal Oatmeal lotion as a moisturizer.

Oh- and the best was that it resolved BEFORE the babies came and never came back :-)
I found this remedy thru google. I'll pray you find relief soon and for your babies to stay inside and keep growing- I know how every day counts!

Nancy
schaeferclan(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Lani said...

oh, you poor thing! I have read about PUPPS and it sounds so uncomfortable, as if being 32+ weeks with triplet isn't uncomfortable enough! Keep hanging in there- it wont be long till you are holding your little bundles on the outside!

Amanda said...

I had PUPPS the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy. The only thing that worked for me was cold water and cold compresses. I used to take the frozen veggies out the freezer and lay it on my belly. Right before delivery though it got insanely worse and the doc put me on a steroid pack (I had it everywhere, and I really mean everywhere)

Unknown said...

You are seriously so close!!! I can't imagine how long the days must seem at this point..Hang in there...((hugs)) Sorry to hear about the rash, sounds seriously uncomfortable..I still can't imagine how crazy 3 little ones kicking must feel like....

Carrie said...

Oh that sounds so annoying! I am so sorry you've got PUPPS! I can hardly believe how close you are now- you are doing such a wonderful job and soon you'll be snuggling your babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there my darling! You are so very strong! You are closing in on the birth of these sweet little ones although each day seems to be an eternity! It will not be long. Easy for me to say huh?? I love you!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Christy! I cannot believe they're almost here - you're doing an AMAZING job! We love you and are praying that they bake just a bit longer...

xoxo,
Amy & Sierra

Post a Comment